Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, New Challenge

I think my new year is getting off to a good start. I kicked off the Spring training season with DetermiNation this weekend. I’m not training for anything, but it’s good to have my running family back. I even went for my first winter run ever. Winter running is so strange. I’m kinda cold, but kinda sweaty, then I’m warm again. I think I need to buy warmer running clothes, but running clothes are expect it, and honestly, my goal for winter is to run just once a week for 30ish minutes. So I don’t know if all the fancy clothing would be worth it.

I also celebrated my 3 year yoga-versary. My actual yoga-versary was at the end of December, but I usually celebrate with a 30 day challenge in January. A 30 day challenge is when you do yoga once a day for 30 days. But this year, I didn’t have the time, and really, I just don’t want to. So I’m making another sort of challenge for myself. I’m going to do a double once a week during January. I was a little nervous because I had never done a double before and it’s literally 3 hours of hot sweaty yoga. The first class wasn’t too sweaty and I was holding back a little. I started thinking, Hey, this might be easier than I thought. Then came the second class. My legs were shaking just from standing. Every time I raised my arms, they would quiver. I thought I was going to fall down for most of the standing portion of the class. But I have never felt so amazing. Usually I have pain in my hip and a lot of postures hurt quite a bit. But in the second class, I didn’t feel it. Everything was open and my whole body felt like butter. I think I’m going to like doing doubles.

And finally, because I wouldn’t be me if we didn’t talk about cats, I have a kitty update. Every now and then I check back at the rescue group website to see how the tiny little kitten I found is doing. Remember him? Well here he is now.


He’s healthy looking and super cute and I’m hoping he finds a good home soon. I can’t wait until the day when I check the site and he’s no longer there.

No comments:

Post a Comment