Monday, November 14, 2011

I’m sorry. I’ve been a little absent. Work has been all consuming and I’ve taken on a part time at home project, which leaves me very little time for blogging. I did have enough time to host an awesome wine party. Unfortunately there are very few pictures of the spread, mostly because it was consumed rather quickly. My personal favorites were the Thyme Gougeres that I got from Bon Appetit. They were like grown up, fancy cheese balls. Again, no pictures because they went straight from the oven to people’s mouths. You can find the recipe here. The recipe called for Gruyere, but that was one expensive cheese. I used Fontina and parmesan instead and they were light, airy and delightful. I highly recommend giving these a try at your next party.

In other news, I’ve been sticking with my less meat thing and I must say I’ve been enjoying it. It’s kind of fun to find new meatless recipes. This week was really the first time I’ve had much meat. I had meat three days in a row and I do feel different. My tummy is all gurgly and heavy. I think I’m going to give the meat a break for a while…at least until Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment