Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Sunday is the New York City Marathon and even though I’m not running, I’m still super excited. I can't believe it was a year ago that I was carb loading and FREAKING OUT about the idea of running 26 consecutive miles. But now that I've done it, it seems like it's always been that way. Sometimes when I’m doing my laundry, walking down the street, riding the subway, I randomly remember “Holy crap. I ran a marathon.” I remember that I survived the disgusting port-a-potty and that I kept going even though I really wanted to quit at mile 22. I never thought I would ever run a marathon, but still, a year later, I’m amazed and proud that I actually did it and it puts a huge smile on my face.
 
To all you marathoners out there, good luck. It may suck at times, but I hope you’ll remember it fondly.

To all you non-marathoners, I'm leading a cheer station at mile 20, aka The Wall. We're dressing as super heroes. It will be epic. Come cheer with me at 138th and Morris Ave in the Bronx. I'll be there probably until around 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment