Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year (and your time off). I certainly have. Here’s a run down of my epic New Year’s adventures.

I got off of work early on Friday. (Always a treat)

Saturday I went to yoga, ate some strawberry pancakes, then went to a party at my friends’ apartment. Aren’t we pretty?
The best part was this party was about 10 blocks from my apartment, so I didn’t have to ride the subway with drunken idiots. The worst part was I decided to wear my new heels and my feet were killing me. We couldn’t find a cab at the end of the night and I ended up walking home 10 blocks in my stockings. Not ashamed to admit that at all. (Ok, maybe a little)

Sunday afternoon was brunch with my friends. I made a super tasty egg strata with asparagus, mushrooms and red pepper and homemade salsa (made with my snazzy new food processor). We also had our very own New Year’s baby.
New Year's baby looks sleepy :)

On Monday, I watched the Rose Parade and did my laundry in the morning. In the afternoon, Josh and I went to sushi lunch and the Sherlock Holmes movie. All in all, I say it was a pretty good weekend.

Now to the important stuff- the New Year’s resolutions. I treat my resolutions different than other people. I don’t like to make resolutions that you can fail at, like no more chocolate. I like resolutions like eat less chocolate. Sometimes you might fall off the wagon, but then you don’t have to feel like a total failure. So here’s my (kind of long) list of things that I’d like to work on in 2012.

  • Pay off my credit cards. Just one more to go!
  • Become a legitimate staff member at work.
  • Run Chicago marathon in under 5 hours. I’d also like to actually train properly and push myself a little harder. As much as I hate it, weight training (and having muscles) is pretty important to marathon running.
  • Eat smaller portions at meal time and SLOW DOWN.
  • Just because food is free, doesn’t mean I NEED to eat it.
  • Eat less meat and certainly less “mystery” meat. If I’m going to eat meat, it should be something quality and organic.
  • Play piano once a week. I always liked playing the piano, and now I can barely read music. Not cool.
  • Blog more. I know you’re all DYING to know what I’m up to :)
  • Set up blog analytics.

Seems like a tall order, but I think I'm up to the task in 2012. Here's to an amazing year!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really nice picture of you girls. -Josh

    ReplyDelete