Friday, March 9, 2012

Ballerina Pilates

Good news. I can move today! I tried out a new pilates class yesterday and was very worried that I would be completely immobilized today. I tried out a new place near work called IMX Pilates. Here's a quick list of pros and cons:

Pros
  • It was fast-paced. In a lot of pilates classes I feel like you spend a lot of time messing with equipment. All of our equipment messing was very brief.
  • The class was small and intimate. And there was fun music!
  • It was HARD. Squeezing something in your arms while doing something completely different with your legs. I was pretty close to quitting that one.
  • I tried the Barre class. So we did some pilates then we got up and did lots of ballerina type stuff. I've always wanted to be a ballerina, so that was fun

Cons
  • While the class was fun and fast, I felt like I wanted a little more help with my alignment. There wasn't a whole lot of that. Maybe no one was making any mistakes, or maybe that's not covered as much since it's an intermediate class, but either way, a little adjustment would have been nice.
  • I COULD NOT find the door. I could see the studio above me, but it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to get there. The address is on one street, but the entrance is on another. One of those weird New York things that I'll never understand.
  • The layout of the studio was a little weird. Maybe I have to get used to it, but the locker room and the waiting area were weird.

So all in all, I say it was a pretty good experience. I have another class focussing on only the upper body. That should be....interesting...

Tonight's adventure- BABYSITTING...

No comments:

Post a Comment