Monday, March 5, 2012

A Night at the Opera

Well I’m a doofus. I’ve been doing this thing lately where I get so excited about something coming up, that I just assume that it’s happening sooner than it really is. So long story short, Danielle will be in town NEXT weekend. But I didn’t get the wrong date on the opera. So my friends and I had a classy time Friday night at Madame Butterfly.

Amy was getting her coat, so we might have to photoshop her in :)

I will be completely honest with you. The first half was beautiful to look at, but I didn’t see most of it because I was fighting to stay awake. I guess the whole falling in love stuff wasn’t very exciting to me. But the second act, where she was totally in anguish waiting for him to come back, was riveting. Her cries of “He has forgotten me!” sounded like an operatic punch in the stomach. It was pretty awesome. SPOILER ALERT At the end, she dies. (Someone dies in an opera? SHOCK!) It was sad, but very beautiful. The set had this hill where they would create a sunrise and sunset affect, and there was a mirror above the hill, so everything was reflected. Hard to explain, but very nice to look at.

Saturday was uneventful. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and made dinner. (I know. I live such an exciting life.) Sunday was the very first donation class for Team Happy Hippo in March, and I’m happy to report it was a totally packed class. That being said, there’s always room for more! So don’t forget to make time to come by either Wednesdays at 12:30 or Sundays at 4:30 in March. Classes are taught by the lovely Erik. I like his classes because he always knows when I’m holding back and he makes me try harder.

Up this week, I will continue my pre-marathon-training training. Finally getting to those pilates classes. I promise to report back.


No comments:

Post a Comment