Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Can't...Move...

Ok. This just got real. Yesterday was my first session with a personal trainer. And guess what? I ran! Ok. I only ran for 5 minutes as a warm up, and I was planning on running more after my workout with the trainer, but my legs were DEAD. Yes, we worked HARD. We did hip flexors, lunges, lots of squats. Too many squats. Then abs. Too much abs. Stairs are not my friend today.

One of things I really liked was pretty much everything we did was without weights, meaning I could do the workouts at home. Not sure that I WOULD, but I could if I wanted to. The trainer also gave me one of the best compliments I've ever had. He said that even though there were times that it was hard and I had to take a breather, I always jumped back in. I was not a quitter. It's nice that someone else noticed.

The one thing I didn't like had nothing to do with the trainer. It was the dreaded gym manager. He was trying to sell me a membership and more sessions, and being a little pushy about it. Hey, dude. Let me try it out more than once before I decide, will ya? Anyhoo, I'm going back to the gym on Thursday, and I'm planning on running for more than 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment