Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Hippos

How was your long weekend? I ate and drank too much, so I think it was a good one. Anywho, back to business.

I've been sort of in denial that this marathon thing is going to happen. But I've taken some steps towards reality. First off I bought another pilates package. I have to get this core in shape. It's kind of an important part of running.

Next I set up my fundraising pages. I'll keep everyone updated on my training progress here, but if you'd like to donate or check on the team's progress you can do directly to the page. I'll post it here from time to time as well, just to remind you :)

Check out Team Happy Hippo here! It's named after MiMi's dog. Her dog is the last dog on earth I think you would ever see willingly running anywhere (unless food was involved) and I couldn't think of a more amusing mascot for our team. I just think about her squishy face and I giggle. Hopefully she'll keep up our morale.

This is Betsy, aka the Hippo, doing her sexiest dog pose.

You can also visit my personal page here. Unfortunately that's as far as I got in terms of training for this marathon. I still have plenty of time. It's all about the baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment