Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm advanced!

Today I did something I've wanted to do for a while, but was too scared. I took the Advanced Bikram class.

The part that scared me the most is you have to take a regular class THEN stay for another hour and a half of the advanced class. I was worried about staying in the hot room for so long and thought I would surely pass out. I took my regular class as usual and all went pretty well. The room cleared out and the advanced class started. I had zero expectations and had resolved to just watch most of the class since clearly everyone will be more advanced than me. To my surprise I was able to keep up for the most part and even do some of the postures. I even got into lotus! Sure, I couldn't do any of the pretzel-y postures where you put your foot behind your head and balance on one finger, but I'm pretty ok with that. When it was all said and done, it was actually a lot of fun. We were more free to joke around and ask questions. We did a lot of hip openers which I love. My hips aren't very stretchy. But after class, everything feels loose and free. I might have to go back more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment