Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heaven

Yesterday I got an amazing treat. Turns out my coworker won a free 80 minute massage at a luxury spa, but she didn't want it. She said she was too stressed. Not sure how that's even possible, but there you have it. So I scheduled my appointment and went in yesterday evening.

The massage was at the spa in the Mandarin Oriental, so everything had a sort of zen feel. You're treated to tea and a warm face cloth while you fill out some paper work. I got there early and headed straight for the steam room and the vitality pool to destress before the appointment. It was very luxurious, only I didn't know if I was going to be completely alone or not, and seeing as how you're naked, I didn't know how naked I should be. I'm sure if anyone would have seen me, it would have been embarrassing for me. I'm not used to fancy things and they had fancy showers that I wasn't quite sure how to work. Yea. I'm smart.

I put on my robe and waited for my appointment in the waiting area. We were on the 35th floor, so if I had been wearing my glasses, I'm sure the view would have been great. Then came the most luxurious 80 minutes of my life. I don't remember the lady's name, but she was magical. Seriously. Magical. After, they send you to the relaxation room where you can sip tea, eat fruit and just chill. More zen. More views. The locker room had those fancy rain showers, so I finished my fancy evening with a fancy shower. I literally walked out of there feeling like a whole new person.

Thanks, coworker. You can give your free massages to me any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment