Thursday, February 23, 2012

Very important marathon prep

Next up in my marathon training prep is making an awesome workout playlist. This is very important. We can’t use headphones on our group runs, but I know there will be times when I run by myself or, heaven forbid, on the treadmill. Then the playlist becomes vital. The latest addition- “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.



This song pretty much sounds like it was made for the gym. Every time I hear it I want to be conquering something. Running up a hill. Lifting something heavy. Crossing a finish line. Something generally awesome.

I’ve also planned the first fundraising event for Team Happy Hippo! In the month of April, come take donation classes at Bikram Yoga Harlem every Wednesday at 12:30 and Sunday at 4:30. All donations will go to the American Cancer Society via Team Happy Hippo of course. Classes are pay-what-you-want, but the suggested donation is $10. I’ll remind everyone later, but mark your calendars now! Come get sweaty with the Happy Hippos!

Next on my list is watching "Spirit of the Marathon." I would only recommend watching it if you want to be persuaded to run a marathon. It's very inspiring. I promise I'll start the running part...eventually...

1 comment:

  1. I have another song to add to your playlist - heard this song in my spin class. Safri Duo is the group, the song is Rise. Great training song! (the instructor happens to be a marathoner)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete