Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm not a celebrity


Today I did something I never do- I read a women’s fitness magazine. It had some good information- healthy recipes and stuff about sugar- but then I turn the page to a bunch of pictures of celebrities and a spread on how to get Jennifer Anniston’s arms or Katy Perry’s legs. For some reason this made me really mad. You know why all these celebrities look so fabulous? Because that’s their job! It’s their job to have flat tummies and “perfect” arms, and they work hard for those. (Any celebrity that says otherwise is LYING.) These people have personal trainers they can work with for hours a day. They people to develop specific diet plans and prepare meals for them. And God forbid, they gain 5 pounds. The public scrutinizes them for getting “fat.” None of that sounds fun to me. In fact, it sounds like a terrible existence. I’m perfectly happy looking like me and I try hard not to compare myself to other people, especially celebrities. We’re all different, and that’s the way it should be. It makes me mad that magazines are telling women that we should all look like “perfect” celebrities. Health magazines should be focusing on overall mind and body health, and not how to get rid of your jiggly thighs.

I'm running Lisa, and I love my jiggly thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment