Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day

Aren’t you SOOOOOO excited? Today is National Running Day! Despite a particularly brutal yoga class last night (I think I sweat out about 5 gallons of water), despite needing to get to work early today, and despite the fact that I kept waking up to check the time (not sure what that was about), I dragged myself out of bed and went for a run. What kind of runner would I be if I didn’t?

The run wasn’t anything remarkable. Short and sweet. I’m even fully recovered from chasing that old man. But one remarkable thing did happen- my time was faster. WHAT? ME? FASTER? I ran the same route yesterday and today finished about 15 seconds faster. Today I even stopped at a really confusing water fountain that took me a while to figure out how to use. (Side note here: Water was squirting out both ends. I had to use my thumb to stop it up so there was enough pressure to drink. This process involved squirting a stream of water directly into my eye. Super fun at 7am.) And even with all that, I was faster. Score one for Running Lisa!

To round out my National Running Day celebration, I’m going to the DetermiNation Fall Season training kick off party! Which basically means I get to hang out with all my running friends when we’re not all sweaty. Yay!

PS- Now for your reading pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment