Sunday, June 12, 2011

In Defense of the Pole

Last night I went to a friend’s bachelorette party. And what would any good bachelorette party be without a pole dancing class!


I must admit, I’ve been to a few pole dancing classes before, but I always forget how much work it actually is. We did an hour long class, where we mostly laughed and made fun of each other, and today my arms and abs are TOTALLY sore, especially that hard to reach flabby underarm area. Now, I understand some people (mostly women I assume) would have problems with a pole dancing class. It’s anti-feminist or it’s chauvinistic or whatever, but honestly it’s just silly. No one in the class intends to become a professional pole dancer. We don’t intend on ever sharing these skills with other. It’s just a ridiculous and fun way to get a surprisingly good workout. And I have no problems with that.

The rest of the bachelorette party may or may not have consisted of a pretty pink punch, boob cake, maple bacon pretzel rods, and a very special…visitor…but I’m not at liberty to say.

1 comment: