Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Beautiful Day


Ok. After a great yoga class and a super relaxing night of backing up all my computer files, I felt finally recovered from my Ice Cream Meltdown. I got up early and went out for a run. It was seriously one of the most beautiful mornings we’ve had in a long time and it felt good to be outside. Since it was so nice (and cool), I decided to tackle the hill again. This time I didn’t do as well as my last hill adventure. About halfway to the top, the gentle breeze turned into a gust, and it was hard to keep moving forward. I also wasn’t able to conjure my imaginary Coach Ramon, so I had no one to yell at me to keep going and push harder. It still felt good, but I think I could have put a little more effort into it.

On an un-running related note, I want to apologize in advance if you don’t hear from me for a while. Remember I spent a relaxing evening backing up my computer files? That’s because my computer is sick. I’m taking it to the doctor today, but I don’t know if I’ll have to send it in for repairs. I’m also going to DC to meet the BF’s parents (eek), so I might just be a little busy for the next few days. But don’t you worry. I still plan on doing my long run on Saturday, but this time it will be along the Potomac. It should be lovely.

PS I get a four and a half day weekend. Don’t you hate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment