Friday, July 29, 2011

BREAKING NEWS!

Breaking news! I'm a huge doofus. I packed all my stuff for the Queens half and went to Josh's place downtown. It's much easier to get to Queens at 6am from his apartment. I was having a nice relaxing evening when I realized out of nowhere I forgot my hat. Normally, it might not matter, but I know for a fact that a large part of this course does not have a lot of shade. I don't want to fry on my run.

So it's 8:30 and I'm running around like a maniac trying to find a hat. I remember there's an Adidas store on Houston and I run over there. That store sucks. It's not actually for anyone that participates in sports. It's for people that want to look like they do. So no hats.

I call Josh so he can help me figure out where to find a store. All the running stores I can think of close at 8. He finally found a Sports Authority on 6th Ave and I headed over there as quickly as I could. I ran into the store frantically asking if they had hats. And yes, they did. Lots of hats. The lady was really nice and tried to show me all the different kinds, but I didn't care. I just wanted to buy a stupid hat and go home. The hat was acquired, and now I'm safely back home. I hope this hat is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment