Monday, July 25, 2011

Rookie Mistake

It’s been hot. REALLY HOT. So I’ve been talking a lot about staying hydrated. Guess I need to take my own advice.

Friday was a high of 103 and Saturday a high of 99 (plus humidity), so Sunday’s high of 91 felt downright pleasant. I ran my usual Sunday errands, followed by my usual Sunday Bikram Yoga class. This class, however, did not feel very usual. After about 5 or 10 minutes, I was dizzy. SUPER dizzy. That’s when it occurred to me that while I was out running those Sunday errands, and while I was out on Saturday evening, I hadn’t really been paying attention to how much water I was drinking. I drank some, but definitely not enough. That's not a mistake I usually make. The class became a huge struggle. I did a whole lot of sitting.

So let this be a lesson to you, boys and girls. Even if it’s a little cooler, it’s STILL hot out. Keep drinking that water. And don’t forget about electrolytes!

No comments:

Post a Comment