Friday, July 22, 2011

Crazy balls hot

If you live anywhere in the US, you probably realize it’s hot. Not just hot. Crazy balls hot. Since I only ran once this week for all of twenty minutes, I wanted to get in another run this morning. I woke up at 6:30am and the guy on the radio was saying it’s dangerously hot and that we should not run outside. I took that as a sign and went back to bed for an hour.

It’s crazy balls hot, but I’m still thinking of going to Bikram. I guess that makes me a hypocrite. Or maybe just lazy. How is it too hot for 30 minutes of running, but not too hot for 90 minutes of hot yoga? Somehow it isn’t. I feel like when I do yoga later in the day I actually have time to hydrate (and rehydrate) so that makes it OK. It’s all about hydration and I have a plan.

For the first time, I measured how much water my little metal water bottle actually holds. It can hold about a half a liter. On hot days when I plan on exercising I need to drink at least 4 liters of water. So that’s 8 water bottles full. It’s about 10am and I just finished my first water bottle of the day. Only 7 more left.

Let's all stay hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment