Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Carbs!

The Queens half marathon is now less than a week away. This brings me to my favorite part of the training- CARB LOADING. Ah yes. Carbs. A runner’s best friend. My usual strategy is to eat any carb that crosses my path, until I’m about to burst. Turns out, that’s actually not the right way to do it. So I’m going to attempt to do this the right way for once. This means that about 70% of my calories should come from carbs, not that I should consume more calories. I will also cut down on my fats and eat only lean proteins. I’m also trying to cut down sugar, mostly because it gives me an upset tummy, and to avoid beans and broccoli, for… obvious reasons. This sounds a whole lot less fun than just eating any carb in sight.

So that pretty much leaves me with beer.

Beer is totally a carb.

2 comments: